Wednesday, 9 April 2008

ON OUR FIRST DAY OFF

The intrepid little "Towa"

If it's too deep we just lift her over.



Fishing cribs





Rock fall off mountains, me centre right.







Timaru Creek with Lake Hawea township on distant shore.









Early autumn colours, Dingleburn Station











Silver Island, as far as we can go. From here on the it is private road through Dingleburn Station.













On suggestion from the locals we did a 20k trip up the eastern side off Lake Hawea to Timaru Creek and and a little further on to the entrance to Dingleburn Station as you maybe able to see from the photos the weather was brilliant as seems to be the norm down here at present and the scenery again was absolutely awesome.

2 comments:

Nadine said...

I love the rock fall photo so much - it looks exactly like the chase scene in The Two Towers, or the battle scene in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. If I'd been there I would've been running as fast as I could while shouting, "They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them!" in my best Orlando Bloom voice.

Campervan Stan said...

Nah, I just sat there and waved my arms.